Staining and Growth
Stained walls, siding, decks and growths in Apartment, Condominium, or Commercial Buildings can be a sign of a massive problem. J2 Building Consultants will diagnose & repair these issues before they become devastating.
Typical Places to Look:
- Below windows, roofs, decks, etc.
- Bases of walls
- Bricks (efflorescence)
- Concrete (walls, ceiling, subgrade)
Causes of Staining and Growth in Buildings
- Excess moisture behind cladding will leak out around sources.
- The base of a wall touching landscaping, concrete, or ground will wick up moisture.
- Excess moisture traveling through brick will leave behind white salts.
- Excess moisture traveling through concrete will cause staining and spalling.
- Excess moisture will cause blistering.