Staining and Growth
Typical Places to Look:
- Below windows, roofs, decks, etc.
- Bases of walls
- Bricks (efflorescence)
- Concrete (walls, ceiling, subgrade)
- Excess moisture behind cladding will leak out around sources.
- The base of a wall touching landscaping, concrete, or ground will wick up moisture.
- Excess moisture traveling through brick will leave behind white salts.
- Excess moisture traveling through concrete will cause staining and spalling.
- Excess moisture will cause blistering.