Peeling Paint and Swelling
Things to Look For:
- Siding issues or damage
- Exterior or interior trim damage
- Issues around windows, doors, deck
- Interior water stains and swelling
- Swelling siding, trim, window sills, or other wood and fiber cement elements is a sign that the wood is absorbing water somewhere.
- Swelling near windows is an indication that the window is leaking.
- Peeling paint is a sign that fiber cement or wood beneath the paint is saturated with water and causing the paint to separate from the surface.